Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Daily post: blog?

Unique experience. What made you wanna write on this blog?

Well actually it all started when I decided that I wanted to get psychologically better, I have already talk about what i have gone throughout in the past so if you wanna know go to the post Speak if you need to 

https://dearfashionandlife.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/opinion-speak-up-if-you-need-to/

So in that time, i thought that my safe place was the internet and also it had all the answer for my problems, but instead of looking for help of professionals when i didn’t told anybody what i was going through i actually rediscovered youtube. Before i only used it to listen to music and no more, but as i was going through it looking for answer for my problem or how i was feeling i reached to a lot of youtubers that where facing a lot of similar things as i was, so it made me realize that i was not the only one in this fight, and that i was not crazy, they say that if you think about something a lot and it’s always on your mind you will find that thing a lot more in your everyday life, and that’s what happened to me, i started to find a lot more people that suffer from the same, not only the people that uploaded their video but also a whole community that where there leaving comments in those videos.

After seeing those video and comments i realize that if they making those videos where helping millions, maybe if i start to talk about this issue with people i can make someone really see how important they are and that this is not something to be ashamed of, no at all this is something that need to be treated, and that the people that suffer from it need to talk about it. 

I started to be open with my family and closed friends about what i had been through, i started to follow organizations and reading a lot more about it, but what truly made an impact in me where those little videos where you really can see what a person went through and their whole feelings, and maybe you are thinking but how you see that? well i saw it in their eyes in how  they speak in their movements. Sometimes i know that if we don’t have or suffer from something we don’t truly know how it actually feels, but seeing them was like wow. and because of that, i thought that well if i’m not still brave enough to share my story in a video i should write my thoughts it may not help millions of people but even if it makes just one person it will be such a wonderful thing that i couldn’t feel better.  

There is something that happened that made me actually brave enough to start to write in a public space. as there are apps like Facebook, twitter, tumblr, where you share things phrases and photographs, I found apps where you can talk to people that maybe are also feeling bad, sad, and feeling like they can’t do it no more. And as i was talking to a girl she told me exactly that she couldn’t do it, she was sick of everything and i actually told her my story and told her that maybe it wasn’t as bad as what was going on with her but there’s a solution she actually listen to me and told me weeks after that what i told her make a click a change something in her mind and it made her wanted to talk with her mom about how she was feeling and she told me that i helped that i saved her life. i actually don’t think i saved her life but maybe hearing my story what i had to say in that certain moment and place was what made her see that it’s worth fitting for something and that there is something good after all. So this is why i started my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment